The Kodi open-source media video player is going in lines of the legendary desktop PC audio player Winamp. Who doesn’t like multitasking on a PC, phone, tablet, or any other OS operating gizmo and gadget, especially when a software application is functionally multifaceted in many ways?
Developed and distributed by XBMC foundation (a non-profit technology association of tech companies). The Kodi 17.4 builds and programming is many-sided malleable, and that’s exactly the reason this media player software is easily available for many operating systems.
1. How to install Kodi 17.4 for Windows Desktop PC and other Windows Devices
You will be reading about all the cover processing for installing one of your favorite media players. Now install Kodi latest version on your Windows devices including phones and tablets. The following are a few mentioned ways you could follow and enjoy using your favorite video-player on your diverse set of devices.
Install Kodi 17.4 for Windows via Manual installation process
Here’s one of the foremost basic and an up-front way for you to install the latest Kodi 17.4 update version for your Windows. Also, it allows you to choose your favorite Kodi version as per your PC requirements. All you have to do is download its .EXE extension file from the internet. Now click ‘YES’ to proceed with the Windows installer setup process. Moreover, you can use this same method for your various Windows versions and other Microsoft-compatible devices in similar circumstances. And yes, this is one of the most convenient ways to get your Kodi running on Windows since it doesn’t requires for you to have registered for having a Microsoft Account. Good luck!
Step by Step Procedure:
- First, you have to download the most recent Kodi 17.4-and-above for Windows.
- Now click the Kodi file you’ve just downloaded to initialize its setup Installer.
- Now click the “Run” button as shown.
- When prompted for further setup installation proceeding, click “Next.”
- Once you’ve completed with the setup process, then click “Finish” and close the Kodi installer.
- Congratulations! Now you’re running the latest Kodi version on your Windows.
Install Kodi 17.4 for Windows using the Windows Store
Now you can get most latest and stable version of Kodi 17.4 from the official Windows Store. Do not forget, that you’ll be needing your very own personal Microsoft Account or any of your relatives or friends to install Kodi 17.4, who are ready to share their Microsoft registration services with you. Apologetically, there aren’t any older Kodi versions available for you if you’re looking to get it for your older Windows version, and this is the biggest downside to get it from the Windows Store. So, if you are running the Windows 7/8 PCs and other devices, Kodi 17.4 isn’t available for you since it will only run on Windows 10 and above. In order to get it running for the previous Windows versions and computers, you should opt for the Manual installation guide.
Follow the following installation Steps:
- First you have to download Kodi 17.4 version from the Windows Store
- Click Get for the download to start.
- Now run the remaining installation process for Kodi – mostly automated setup gets your Windows run-ready for Kodi.
- Enjoy using Kodi 17.4 downloaded and installed from the Windows Store.
1. Kodi 17.4 ideal Windows System Requirements
In order to run your favorite software, there are a few OS system requirements for you to run Kodi 17.4 on Windows and other related devices.
- You should at least have Windows Vista, but Windows 7 or 10 are highly recommended.
- You can try running an older Kodi version on Windows XP, but try switching to a graphic card upgrade that’ll help you have a smoother experience to an extent (ATI Radeon R420/NVIDIA GeForce 6-series).
- The least graphic cards recommendations are the ATI Radeon R700 or a GeForce 8 series card.
2. How to Install Kodi 17.4 on Android Phones and Tablets
Just follow the simple steps below to install it on your Android phones and devices
- First you have to download Kodi 17.4 for Android.
- Now open your File browser folder or file explorer. ( You will find it in all apps)
- Now click Downloads.
- Now click on the Kodi you downloaded from the link above.
- Click confirm and make sure you want to install the APK.
- Follow simple steps on the Kodi 17.4 setup box to continue installation.
- Your setup is completed and you’re good to go.
Nevertheless, if you’re looking for the latest version of the software, you can search for Kodi 18.0 Leia on your Google Play Store to download it.
3. How to Install Kodi 17.4 on Firestick Amazon TV
With the innovation of bringing continuums of innovations and high-end entertainment right at your home boxes and consoles, Amazon is working quite ingeniously alike its TV-media side counterpart Netflix. Now you can enjoy downloading and installing Kodi 17.4 on your Amazon Firestick TV set as well.
Here is a step-by-step procedure for the installation process:
1. Go to settings and then to device, proceeding for the developer options.
2. Now make sure that both apps are enabled for Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging.
3. Next up is Settings > Device > About > Network settings and then look for your Fire Stick’s TV IP address.
4. In case you have your laptop, you’ll be needing your Android ARM APK file. Download this file from http://kodi.tv/download, or any other genuine source you could find on the internet.
5. Proceed to download adbLink for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
6. Open the adbLink file and select NEW.
7. Now name your Amazon Fire TV Stick as per your preference, then enter the IP address and save it.
8. Make sure that the ‘PressConnect’ and your Firestick’s IP Address should be listed in your Connected Devices catalog.
9. Highlight your device and click to install the APK file. Now locate your APK file you’ve just downloaded. Now press ‘Yes’ when you get the installation setup wizard box appearing on your screen.
10. ADB running process will appear in bottom right of your Windows. Soon after, you’ll be getting a notification that your installation is completed.
11. Now click ‘OK’ and you’re ready to with enjoying Kodi on your Amazon Firestick TV.